Toy Story 3 has become the seventh film in history to gross more than one billion dollars at the worldwide box office.
Pixar’s critically-adored final instalment of its Toy Story franchise is not only the highest grossing animated film of all time, but the only animated film to gross more than one billion dollars at the box office.
Disney is now the only studio in history to have two films crack the billion dollar mark within one calendar year, thanks to its other big money-spinner Alice in Wonderland.
In case you were keeping score, here are the numbers (courtesy of Box Office Mojo):
Toy Story 3
U.S. Gross: $405,726,00
International Gross: $1,012,126,000
All Time Worldwide Grosses:
1. Avatar: $2.751 billion
2. Titanic: $1.843 billion
3. The Lord of the Rings – Return of the King: $1.119 billion
4. Pirates of the Caribbean – Dead Man’s Chest: $1.066 billion
5. Alice in Wonderland: $1.024 billion
6. Toy Story 3: $1.012 billion
5. The Dark Knight: $1.001 billion
Discuss: What will be the next film to crack one billion? Could Disney make it three-for-three with Tron: Legacy?